How do I add a recurring payment in Paya Connect?
Merchants looking to use the Paya Connect recurring payments module will need to have this service added to their location. Merchants may need to review the article on Adding a Contact and Storing a Payment Card.
- Go to the contact's Overview page, under the Recurring Billing section click the Add Recurring button.
- Complete the Add Recurring payment screen.
- Enter the recurring Description (if applicable)
- Select Stored Account (Required)
- Enter the Transaction Amount (Required) (This is the amount to be charged for each installment.)
- Notification Days (if applicable), this is the number of days before a payment is processed that the contact will be notified via email (0 = no notification)
- Select Payment Type (Required)
- One Time
- Select Payment Start Date (Required), select the date you want the transactions to start running.
- Set the frequency in the Process Every section; this should equal the amount of time between recurring payments. For example, if you want to charge the customer quarterly, you will set the processing frequency Process Every 3 and Months.
- Set the Recurring End this is the number of times the card will be processed.
- No End - is used for an on-going payment
- After ____ Payments is a set number of payments that the system will process before the recurring payment is ended.
- Select Save Recurring
- After saving the recurring transaction, the merchant will be returned to the contact overview screen. In the Recurring Billing section, the merchant will be able to access their recurring transactions for:
- all the information about the recurring transaction
- an area for a signature
- and a printable receipt
Please Note the system allows the merchant to have as many recurring transactions setup as they would like. The merchant can set up multiple recurring transactions to accommodate scenarios such as:
The merchant that wants a recurring transaction to run on the 1st and 15th of every month:
- Set up a recurring transaction on the 1st and one on the 15th.
The Merchant that wants the first three payment to be at one amount and then the next three payments at a different amount:
- Set up two recurring transactions. One at this dollar amount, the following payments at the other dollar amount that you want to run. The merchant can set the dates up front so they will want to set one for the next three months and one for the three months after that with different amounts and those will pick up and run automatically.