How to void a transaction in Paya Connect
Voids are done on same-day transactions; this is the money that hasn't been settled within a day and hasn't been deposited into the merchant's bank account. If the transaction has been settled and the monies have been deposited the merchant will need to issue a refund, please reference this article to learn more about how merchants can issue a refund.
From the Transaction Reports
- Navigate to Transaction Reports by clicking on Reports>Transactions, and search for the transaction that you would like to void.
- Click on the Transactions Detail Icon for that transaction to pull up the Transaction Detail screen.
- In the Transaction Details screen under the action menu click the Void Transaction button.
- A Void Transaction popup window will appear, and the merchant will click the Void Transaction button to complete the void.
- A Transaction Receipt Details pop-up window will appear where the merchant will be able to print a void receipt if necessary.
From the Contact Overview screen
- Navigate to the contact's Overview screen, in the Recent Transactions section; the merchant will be able to locate the transaction they are trying to void
- The merchant will want to click on the hyperlinked date to pull up the unsettled transaction details pop-up.
- on the Transaction detail, pop-up click the Void Trans button.
- Click Void Transaction to finalize the void.
If you have questions or require additional information, please contact us and we will be in touch with you shortly.