How to allow Sage Exchange through the Kaspersky anti-virus software.
How do I allow Sage Exchange through my Kaspersky anti-virus software?
If you are using Kaspersky anti-virus and receive an "Application Cannot Start" or "Contact Your Application Vendor" error when trying to process payments through Sage Exchange Desktop, the security software may be preventing your program from functioning properly.
Please follow these directions to add an exception for Sage Exchange. We strongly suggest contacting your IT department for assistance:
- Please check for any new versions or updates to Kaspersky. If this does not resolve the issue, proceed with steps 2-5.
- Open the Kaspersky quarantine and locate Sage Exchange.
- Make note of the file path.
- Restore the quarantined file.
- Add an exception using the file path from step 2.
The file path will typically look something like this, but may vary based on your system and OS:
- Replace "C:\" with your Local Disk, as appropriate.
- Replace "JohnSmith" with the appropriate user profile.
- "AppData" is a hidden folder.
- Each installation/instance of Sage Exchange generates a new file path after the 2.0 folder, but the format will be the same.
You may also be interested in these help articles from Kapersky's technical support:
- What is Quarantine in Kaspersky Internet Security 2012?
- How to manage exclusion rules in Kaspersky Internet Security 2013?
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.