Error: The Underlying Connection was Closed: Could not Establish Trust Relationship for the SSL/TLS Secure Channel
How to fix the error message, "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel".
I am getting a message stating "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel" when trying to process a payment. How do I fix this?
The reason for the error is due to the internet browser not able to recognize our SSL Certificate.
To correct this error please follow the steps below.
- Click on the link: gd-class2-root SSL Certificate and Verisign-Primary Intermediate CA Certificate
- Extract the .zip file to your desktop (right-click your mouse and select "Extract To" and select Desktop to extract. Or choose extract here if you are already on your Desktop.
- Double click on the certificate file.
- Click Open
- Click Install Certificate
- Startup Sage Exchange (go to the Start Menu > All Programs > Click on the Sage Payment Solutions folder > Click on Sage Exchange)
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.