I can run manual transactions through my Sage software but all of my swiped transactions are getting declined. Why?
To validate your swiped transactions:
- Log in to your Virtual Terminal
- Go to Reporting
- Select Transaction Activity
- Select Today’s Activity, Past 7 Days, or Past 30 Days
- All swiped transactions will appear in the following format: Last Name/First Name
If you look at the truncated card number on the declined swiped transactions you will see that they have the first four of the card number followed by a set of “0’s”. If they are all consistent in that format you will need to activate the swipe device from your Sage Exchange application.
To activate the proper swipe device please follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the SE application located at the bottom right of your monitor (System Tray)
- Select Settings
- Select the proper swipe device
- Click OK
- Right-click on the SE application
- Click Restart application
- Retry your swiped transaction again
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.