How to add a recurring transaction in the Recurring Mini Application in Paya Exchange
Paya Exchange Management System: How do I add a recurring transaction in the Recurring Mini App?
- Click Add Recurring from the menu to open the corresponding page
- Click Credit Card or Virtual Check in the Type field to display the corresponding card or check fields.
- Select Sale, Auth Only (not available for virtual check transactions), or Credit in the Transaction Type field.
- Select Active or Inactive in the Status field. Transactions you mark Inactive will not be processed, regardless of the assigned schedule.
- Assign the transaction to a Group in the Group field.
- Assign the transaction to a Schedule in the Schedule field.
- Enter (or select) the date on which the transaction will start processing in the Start Date field. Because recurring transactions are processed very early in the morning, usually before 6 am EST, it is normally not possible to set the Start Date to the current date and process the recurring transaction.
- Example : A new recurring transaction is created on July 15th and assigned to a Schedule that runs on the 20th of each month. Whether the Start Date is set to July 15th or July 20th, the transaction will process when the Schedule runs on July 20th. If the Start Date is set to September 15th; the transaction won't process until September 20th.
- Enter the number of times you want to process this transaction in the Times to Process field, if the Process Indefinitely field is set to No. If you select Yes in the Process Indefinitely field, the transaction will continue processing until it is deleted or made inactive.
Note: The Times Processed field keeps track of how many times the recurring transaction has been processed.
- Enter the amount of the transaction in the Subtotal field.
- Enter any applicable tax amount in the Tax field.
- The credit card information in the Card #, Exp Month, and Year fields if you selected Credit Card as the Payment Type.
- The check details in the Routing #, Acct. #, Origin ID, and Account Type fields if you selected Virtual Check as the Payment Type.
- Enter the customer details in the First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, and Country within the Order Information section.
- The Telephone, Email and 3rd Party Reference fields are optional. Information input in the 3rd Party Reference field will be included as the Order Number when reviewing a recurring transaction that has been processed.
- Optionally, mark Send email confirmation to send an email confirmation about the transaction to the customer, if an email address is entered.
- Click Add Recurring to add the transaction to the list of recurring transactions.