Installing Sage Exchange Desktop
Sage Exchange Desktop (SED)
How do I install Sage Exchange Desktop on my computer?
Sage Exchange Desktop requires the installation of a desktop application. This desktop application uses ClickOnce deployment and requires Systems Administrator level access install. This can be installed by downloading the most current version of the installer compatible with your integration from the Sage Exchange Desktop Installation page. The software can be installed from the bootstrapper file locally or from a network file share.
We also have a Silent Installation solution for Enterprise Level organizations which allow IT teams to apply the update to group policies. For more information about the Silent Installer please read the following article
How do I use Sage Exchange Desktop Silent Installer?
Steps for a basic installation of the Sage Exchange Desktop
- Choose Downloads in the top navigation bar to begin
The Sage Exchange install will need to be performed for each user, allowing the application to be self updated from the web without interfering with other users’ installations.
- Once the bootstrapper has been downloaded navigate to the folder where it is located.
- Extract the folder
- Right click on the Extracted Bootstrapper and select Run as Administrator, please note that if you do not have the required permissions you will not be able to successfully install SED v2.x
- Once the installation is complete another installation window will appear to complete the installation to the most current version of the software, Click Download and Install to complete the installation.
- Sage Exchange will run in the system tray after installation
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.