How to adjust or finalize an Auth Only transaction in Paya Exchange
How do I adjust or finalize an Auth Only transaction?
This guide describes two different ways of finalizing (sometimes called "adjusting" or "capturing") an Auth Only transaction.
- Method One: Adjusting the transaction amount
- Method Two: Without making any changes
For both methods, please begin by following the steps below:
- Log into Paya Exchange
- Use QuickLinks and select Batch Management
- Launch the Virtual Terminal
As soon you launch the terminal it takes you to a batch summary for the account. Select credit card from the top right corner.
METHOD ONE: Adjusting the transaction amount
This method should be used when you need to make a one-time adjustment to the transaction amount to adjust for shipping charges, or other charges that were unknown at the time of authorization.
- First locate the transaction you wish to adjust
- Click the small green arrow on the right side to see the options, then Adjust
- Change amounts or Customer Info as necessary.
- Click Process Transaction. Once the page reloads, Auth Only transaction will now change to "Prior Auth"
METHOD TWO: Without making any changes
This method should be used when you do not need to make a one-time adjustment to the transaction.
- Under the "Settle" column, locate and check off the box to every Auth Only transaction you wish to capture.
- Select Capture
- Click Capture Checked Transactions button. This will finalize the Auth Only transaction.
- Your Auth Only transaction will now appear as a "Prior Auth" in the batch.
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.