How do I adjust or finalize an Auth-Only transaction?
This guide describes two different ways of finalizing (sometimes called 'adjusting' or 'capturing') an AuthOnly transaction:
- Method One: Adjusting the transaction amount
- Method Two: Without making any changes
For both methods, please begin by following the steps below:
- Log into Paya Exchange
- Use 'QuickLinks' and select 'Batch Management'
- Launch the 'Virtual Terminal'
As soon you launch the terminal it takes you to a batch summary for the account, you can select a credit card from the top right corner.
METHOD ONE: Adjusting the Transaction Amount
This method should be used when you need to make a one-time adjustment to the transaction amount to adjust for shipping charges or other charges that were unknown at the time of authorization.
- First, locate the transaction you wish to adjust
- Click the small green arrow on the right side to see the options, then 'Adjust'
- Change amounts or 'Customer Info' as necessary
- Click 'Process Transaction' and once the page reloads, the AuthOnly transaction will now change to 'Prior Auth'.
METHOD TWO: Without making any changes
This method should be used when you do not need to make a one-time adjustment to the transaction.
- Under the 'Settle' column, locate and check off the box for every AuthOnly transaction you wish to capture
- Select 'Capture'
- Click the 'Capture Checked Transactions' button. This will finalize the AuthOnly transaction
- Your AuthOnly transaction will now appear as a 'Prior Auth' in the batch
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.