How do I process partial payments on a posted invoice in Sage 300?
You might need to partially pay a posted invoice using a customers credit card. Below are the instructions that are necessary to complete that payment.
1. From the A/R Transactions module, click the Receipt Entry icon
2. At the Receipt Entry screen:
A. Enter Batch Number (select from already used batch or create new one)
B. Change Bank (if needed)
C. Enter Entry Number (select from already used entry number or create new one)
D. Select Transaction Type by clicking on the down arrow key (to pay and invoice, the typical transaction type will be Receipt)
E. Enter Customer Number
F. Enter Payment Code (this can be defaulted on the customer maintenance screen). Once payment code is entered, the Processing Code field will automatically populate.
G. Enter Receipt Amount (This is the amount that you want to charge. The balance of the invoice will remain open)
H. Click the icon with the arrow on the right side of the screen. This will populate the open invoices for the customer.
I. In the Invoice section, double click the Apply option on the invoice you want to pay.
J. The Applied Amount column will populate with the Receipt Amount you entered previously.
K. Click the Add button at the bottom of the page.
*Note: You will need to go back to the Entry Number. you just created and then proceed to the next step.
L. Click the Charge button. Notice that the Add button has now changed to Save.
3. When the Charge button is clicked, the Process Credit Card-Sale screen appears. Enter the information on the screen, then click the Process Payment button on the right side under the amount section.
4. The Sage Exchange Desktop screen will appear next. Enter the credit card information, then click the Next button to verify/enter the billing information. Once verified, click the Submit button to charge the card.
5. The screen that appears next is the Process Credit Card-Sale screen that will also show an approved or declined message. If the card is approved, you will see the Transaction Details in the lower right of the screen. Click OK to close the approval screen, then click the Close button on the Process Credit Card-Sale window to get back to the A/R Receipt Entry window.
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.