Getting to Know Sage 300 ERP and Paya
Sage 300 ERP is a Desktop Accounting software program that offers multiple features such as:
- Credit Card Processing
- Inventory Management
- Multi-Currency Processing
- Voids and Refunds within the software
- Vault Storage (via the Paya Connect Desktop application)
In order for Sage 300 ERP to accept credit card processing, a few things are needed prior to processing:
- A valid version of Sage 300 ERP (2012 or newer) with the credit card processing module added
- A valid Paya Merchant account
- The Paya Connect DesktopApplication
- This software will be installed on your workstation/server and will automatically start every time the computer is turned on. This software is utilized to secure credit card transactions and return data back to the software.
Once the Paya Connect Desktop application is installed, you can now begin the credit card module setup. In the Sage 300 ERP software, the credit card module is an add-on option and is typically not added to the initial installation and setup of the software. This module installation requires modification of the software, so ALL Sage 300 users will need to be out of the software for this to occur. Additionally, any software applications that are integrated with Sage 300 will need to be stopped. To learn how to install the credit card module for Sage 300 ERP, click the following link:
After the payment processing module has been added to the software, you now need to activate the module. To do this, follow the link below:
Once the credit card module has been activated, the next step is to verify the module status. When the module is first activated, you will automatically be enrolled in a 30-day trial for payment processing. This trial will give you time to obtain the activation codes from your reseller or Sage 300. To learn how to verify the payment processing module status, please click the link below:
Once the module has been activated and verified, you will then be able to set up the Processing and Payment Codes. To do this, follow the link below:
After the processing and payment codes have been set up, you can now start to store credit card information and process credit cards in Sage 300.
In Sage 300, you can store multiple credit card information for one customer. Keep in mind that when you store credit card information, it is not actually stored on your machine. The Paya Connect Desktop application will take the card information and store it on Paya's secure servers. This will serve two purposes:
- You will be in PCI Compliance.
- Your customer's card data will not be able to be accessed in the case of a computer intrusion.
To learn how to store credit card information in Sage 300, please follow the link below:
Sage 300 can process transactions in two ways:
- This type of transaction will process a payment on the customer's credit card with the ability to adjust the transaction at a later date. Adjustments are usually done to add shipping costs or to adjust the original price. The customer WILL see a charge for the original amount on their credit card statement. This charge will appear in the "pending transaction" list. When the adjustment is finalized, the original transaction will adjust (either up or down) to reflect the total amount of the charge. The customer will still only see one charge on their statement (the adjustment is completed in the background).
- This type of transaction will process as a 'Sale' transaction and cannot be adjusted. If an adjustment has to be made, a new charge will need to be processed.
Processing a pre-authorization transaction can be done in multiple modules. To learn how to process a pre-authorization, click on one of the following links:
When a pre-authorization transaction is processed, the transaction needs to be captured to reflect the full payment amount. To do this, click on one of the following links:
You can also process transactions as prepayments in several modules as well. To do this, click on one of the following links:
In Sage 300, you can void and refund straight through the software. To void a transaction, please follow the links below:
To refund a transaction in Sage 300, you must create a credit memo first followed by posting the memo, then process the refund. To learn how to do this, follow the links below:
To close the day in Sage 300, you will complete a 'Day End'. This process is completed when creating a credit memo and refund payment. To learn the 'Day End' process, click the link below: