PAX POS Cyberattack Investigation Update
We have received information from industry security officials that POS Terminals from PAX Technology may have been involved in cyberattacks on U.S. and E.U. organizations. Paya supports POS devices from a variety of manufacturers including Ingenico and Verifone in addition to PAX. Our security and compliance team will continue to closely monitor the investigation and will share meaningful information with customers as it becomes available.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
PAX is under investigation for a potential involvement in cyberattacks. What action is Paya taking regarding this matter?
- Data security is of the upmost importance to Paya.
- Our security and compliance team is closely monitoring this developing situation.
- Paya has paused deployment of new PAX POS devices pending outcome of the investigation.
- At this time, we are continuing to support PAX devices in the field.
- We are committed to sharing meaningful information with customers as it becomes available.
What is the relationship between PAX and Paya?
- Paya supports POS devices from a broad range of manufacturers including Ingenico, Verifone, PAX and others.
- Our processing platforms supports card-present (dipped and swiped) transactions facilitated through PAX POS devices.
Do I need a replacement device?
- As this is an evolving investigation, there is no issued guidance on the need (or lack thereof) for replacement devices.
- If you would like to replace your current PAX device, please contact your sales representative or contact our support team at Support@Paya.com.