Why can't I process a credit card in Timeslips after upgrading from Sage Exchange Desktop v1 to v2?
Sage Exchange Desktop (SED), Timeslips
After upgrading from SED v1 to v2, a Timeslips user gets an error advising that Sage Exchange is not set up properly when attempting to process a payment. Clicking OK on the error message redirects the user to a window that lists the Merchant ID and Merchant KEY, and also has links to download Module SDK and SED v1.
When Timeslips originally coded to SED, the SED installer would install a "path" registry key. The current installers do not include the "path" registry key. When Timeslips attempts to call SED for payment processing, it is checking to see if SED v1, Module SDK and the "path" registry key are present. Since the "path" registry key is not included in the current installer; Timeslips determines that the SED installation is not complete and returns an error.
Please Note: This issue can be resolved by manually editing the Registry on any impacted workstation. However, there is a negligible risk to your system, and the fix should, therefore, be implemented by your IT team or system administrator.
- Press WINDOWS+R on the keyboard to open the Run application.
- In the Run application, type "regedit" into the Open window and click OK.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sage Payment Solutions\Sage Exchange Desktop
3A. Under Sage Payment Solutions Folder Make a New Folder (Sage Exchange) and follow the steps below.
- In the right pane, right-click in the empty column area under Name and choose New, String Value. Name the String Value "path" and press ENTER.
- Right-click the newly created path string value and choose Modify.
- In the Value Data field, enter "1" and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Right-click the Sage Exchange Desktop/Paya Connect Desktop, SE2.0/PCD, icon in your system tray and choose Restart Application.
- Restart Timeslips and attempt to process a transaction. You should see the Sage Exchange Desktop/Paya Connect Desktop interface open normally.
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.