Charging a credit card in Sage DacEasy Point of Sale
How do I charge a credit card in Sage DacEasy Point of Sale?
- In Point of Sale, select Process > Sales Register. The login dialog appears.
- Select a Salesperson Code from the Salespersons look-up by pressing the Lookup icon next to the code field.
- Click OK on the login dialog to proceed to the Sales Register dialog.
- The system can either default to the header or detail portion of the sales receipt. If you are required to enter a Customer Code, select the Lookup and choose a customer. Fill in the rest of the fields in the Sales Register header as you wish. If you want to take the default values entered by DacEasy, press the F10 key to move to the detail section.
- Enter an Item Code in the Item Number column. You can use the Lookup icon to select from a list of existing products. (Choose 2-SECTIONAL if you are using sample data.)
- Press F10 or click OK to move to the footer section of the Sales Register. The cursor will be positioned on the Received field, unless you have not defined a default method of payment in System Preferences.
- Enter a credit card type in the Method of Payment field (Visa, MC, etc.).
- Enter the amount received, or use the default total sale amount. Click Ok or press F10 to process the transaction.
- The Sage Exchange dialog window will appear. Enter any necessary information and press Submit when ready.
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.