P2PE devices require a unique intake process that maintains the chain of custody for these devices. It is one of the defining characteristics of a P2PE product and must be followed in order to maintain the P2PE certification. The terminals will not process transactions until it has been completed.
You will need:
- The device and cable
- The Security Seal
- The device comes wrapped in a sealed plastic bag. Do NOT throw away the bag and attached security seal!
- Your login credentials for the Bluefin P2PE Manager portal
- Your Custodian (point person at your organization) will have received the login credentials via email prior to your device being delivered.
To activate your device:
- Log in to the P2PE Manager
- Click on Shipments at the top of the page
- Locate the shipment you wish to receive by matching the tracking number in the portal to the tracking number on the package
- Click the View button (it looks like an eye) to the left of the Shipment
- Click RECEIVE
- Look through the plastic and locate the Serial No, or S/N on the back of the device
- Input that value in the Serial Number or Alternate Key field. This should be pre-filled, otherwise, input the numbers immediately following "PP" in the Serial No
- Input the number from the Security Seal on the outside of the plastic package containing the device in the Tamper Label field
- If you are ready to start using the terminal immediately, check the box labeled Auto Activate Device
- Click RECEIVE
- The Device State will change to Activating in P2PE Manager
- Once you submit a transaction, the status will change to Activated
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.