How do I set up Sage 50 for credit card processing?
To begin processing credit cards in Sage 50 (formerly Sage Peachtree), you will need your Merchant ID (MID) and Merchant Key (MKEY). What is my Merchant ID Number? Where can I find my Merchant Key for Virtual Terminal Gateway?
- Your MID is a 12-digit number and is always identical to your Virtual Terminal ID. For example, 134351655342.
- Your MKEY is twelve alphanumeric characters long and always alternates letter-number-letter-number-etc., with capital letters. For example, A1B2C3D4E5F6.
This information would have been sent in the 'New Merchant Information' email that is sent out when your account is created.
Next, Sage Exchange Desktop must be installed:
- How can I confirm if Sage Exchange is installed on my computer?
- How do I install Sage Exchange on my computer?
Once Sage Exchange is installed, you are ready to enter your MID and MKEY into Sage50.
From the 'Services' menu, select 'Credit Card Processing'.
In the window that appears, please select 'Account Info'.
Lastly, enter your 'Merchant ID' and 'Merchant Key', and then press 'Save'.
You may also be interested in:
- How do I access the Virtual Terminal through Sage 50?
- What does the "credit card storage and the processing module, Sage Exchange, needs to be running" error mean?
- What does "Remote Data Access Error" mean and how do I fix it?
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.