Installing Acumatica ERP Software
This guide is a reference for clients installing Acumatica ERP software, Paya does not install Acumatica Software for clients this is meant primarily as a reference guide for our customers. Clients should reach out to Acumatica/VAR/Partner for assistance with installation steps.
Installing Acumatica ERP software components
To install Acumatica ERP software components follow these instructions
- Run Acumatica ERP installation package
- Follow the instructions of the Acumatica ERP Installer wizard
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, read the license agreement. To accept the license agreement, click I Agree and then click Next.
- On the Main Software Configuration page, specify the following options that you want, and then click Next
- Launch the Acumatica ERP Configuration wizard: Select the check box to continue deploying the Acumatica ERP application instance once the Acumatica ERP software components are installed. If you clear the check box, you can run the Acumatica ERP Configuration wizard at a later time by launching the wizard from the Windows Start menu.
- Install Report Designer: Select the checkbox to install the Report Designer component. If you clear the check box, you can install the Report Designer later by running the installation package.
- Install Debugger Tools: Select the checkbox to install the Debugger Tools component. This installs debug version of Acumatica core libraries.On the Confirm Installation page, click Next.
Deploying Acumatica ERP application Instance
The configuration wizard runs automatically once the software components of Acumatica are installed, or it can run it anytime from the Windows Start menu.
- Run the Acumatica ERP Configuration wizard.
- On the Welcome page of the Acumatica ERP Configuration wizard, click Deploy New Application Instance.
- On the Database Server Connection page, specify the Microsoft SQL Server that will be used by the application instance being deployed, and then click Next.
- On the Database Configuration page, specify the following options and then click Next:
- Create a new database: Select this option to create a new database and then enter a database name in the New database name field.
- Connect to an existing database: Select this option to select an existing database, and then click on a server name in the server list below.
- On the Company Setup page, specify the appropriate options to add companies for a multi-company application instance of Acumatica ERP. By default, the Configuration Wizard creates a single company named Company.
- On the Database Connection page, specify the authentication method used by this application instance of Acumatica ERP to connect to the database, and then click Next.
- On the Instance Configuration page, specify the following options and then click Next:
- Instance Name:
- Enter a name for this application instance of Acumatica ERP.
- Create Portal: Leave this check box cleared. Local Path to the Instance:
- Enter a path on the local computer to this application instance.
- Select an account to access the ASP.NET application:
- Specify whether you want the Anonymous user account to be used to access ASP.NET, or specify another user account
- On the Web Site Configuration page, configure the list of Web sites and create a virtual directory.
- To use the URL of the IIS default site (i.e., http://www.domain.com); clear the Create Virtual Directory check box not to create a virtual directory.
- On the Confirm Configuration page, view the configuration settings you have specified
- click Finish to deploy this application instance.
Changing the Password at the First Logon
Every Acumatica ERP instance comes with the active default user account which should be used to log on to the system. To start working with Acumatica ERP the default user password will need to be changed.
- Follow the steps below to change the default users password
- Launch the application instance you have deployed
- on the Login page, enter the default credentials
- username: admin
- password: kn1t$321
- Complete the new password and confirm password fields
- Click Login
Please note that this installation guide is meant as a general resource, the installation method is subject to change and will vary based on the instance. Paya does not implement Acumatica ERPs or offer additional support outside of payment related questions. for assistance with the installation of Acumatica Please contact your reseller or software provider.