ERROR: Microsoft .NET Framework: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application... hexadecimal value 0x00...
Sage Exchange Desktop 2.0
When attempting to process a payment or view/edit credit card or virtual check information in Sage Exchange Desktop 2.0, a Microsoft .NETframework dialogue box opens with this error message:
This error is usually the result of Sage Exchange Desktop not having inherited proper admin permissions during installation.
- Launch File Explorer from the Start Menu or System Tray and go to C:\ProgramData\Sage Payment Solutions\SageExchangeDesktop.
- Right-click the SageExchange.exe.config file and choose Delete.
- Navigate to C:\\users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Sage Payment Solutions\Sage Exchange Desktop\
- Right-click the SageExchangeDesktop.settigs file and choose Delete.
- Then navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage Payment Solutions\Application Deployment\Applications\26A46608D5AA4BF6BA5D5EEA1376D09A\188.8.131.52. The last folder in this path (2.0.*) will vary as new versions of Sage Exchange Desktop are released.
- Right-click the SageExchange.exe file and choose Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Click the Change settings for all users button
- Check the box labeled Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply, then OK.
- Attempt to process a payment or view/edit credit card or virtual check information.
If you have questions or require additional information, please submit a Ticket and we will be in touch with you shortly.
This Knowledgebase Article is a work in progress. Please use the "Was this answer helpful?" feature below to submit a comment confirming, rejecting, or otherwise providing feedback on this information.