Sage 50 US Accounting Software v2021 Not Supported Effective March 2022
Effective March 2022, the current version of the Sage 50 US Accounting Software, v2021, will no longer be supported (specific dates based on the software version is below).
Customers who utilize the software and do not update to the newest version before the dates listed will experience issues and will not be able to process through the obsolete software.
Beginning February 3rd, 2022 a message began displaying within the Sage 50 US software.
For on-plan Customers, the message informs that an updated version is available and that the current version will no longer be supported.
For off-plan Customers, the message informs that their current version will no longer be supported on March 2nd, 2022 and provides a phone number to the Sage Sales Team.
Note: If you would like to continue using Paya to accept credit card and/or check (ACH) transactions, Paya’s Support team will build a “Virtual Terminal” to allow continued payment acceptance at no cost. Please contact Paya Customer Care/Technical Support at (800) 261-0240 for immediate assistance and training on how to use the Virtual Terminal. You can also visit: https://support.paya.com/44616-paya-virtual-terminal-all-articles for additional articles and helpful videos.
Section I: When does support for my current version of Sage 50 Accounting—U.S. Edition end?
Our obsolescence policy varies depending on the version of the software you are currently using. Our current policy and support dates are as follows:
- Sage 50—U.S. Edition 2015 - March 1, 2016 (Obsolete)
- Sage 50—U.S. Edition 2016.0 or 2016.1 - December 1,2016 (Obsolete)
- Sage 50—U.S. Edition 2016.2 - March 1, 2017 (Obsolete)
- Sage 50—U.S. Edition 2017.0, 2017.1 or 2017.1.1 - December 1, 2017 (Obsolete)
- Sage 50—U.S. Edition 2017.2 - March 1, 2018 (Obsolete)
- Sage 50—U.S. Edition 2018 - March 5, 2019 (Obsolete)
- Sage 50—U.S. Edition 2019 - March 3, 2020 (Obsolete)
- Sage 50—U.S. Edition 2020 - March 2, 2021 (Obsolete)
- Sage 50—U.S. Edition 2021 - March 2, 2022
Section II: Why does Sage 50 Accounting—U.S. Edition only support the current version of the software?
- There are many advantages to being on the current version of the software and being active on a Business Care support plan. These benefits are detailed in the articles located below in the Related Resources section.
- Keeps you in compliance with the latest technology and operating systems - e.g. introduction of Windows 8 and Windows 10 and the retirement/obsolescence of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 by Microsoft
- In addition to these benefits, supporting only the current version of the software allows Sage to focus our efforts on creating the best possible experience for customers on the most current version.
What are the add-on products that stop working after the obsolescence date?
- Program updates
- Tax updates
- Tax form updates
- Direct Deposit
- Sync with Managed Payroll
- Credit card processing
- Sage Drive / Remote Data Access
- Bank Feeds
- Invoice Payments with PayPal, Stripe or Paya