How do I process a refund in Sage 50?
In Sage 50, refunds can be processed from the software.
Sage 50 2017 Processing Guide
1. From the Main Screen of Sage 50, click the 'Receive Money' icon and select 'Receive Money' from 'Customer'.
2. When the 'Receive Money' window appears, populate the following fields:
a. Customer ID
b. Check/Reference No.
c. Date (this will be pre-populated)
d. Payment Method (Click to down-arrow button to view all payment methods)
In the 'Apply to Revenue' field, enter the information requested, and in the 'Unit Price' field, enter the amount of the refund as a negative (-) dollar amount. This amount will carry to the amount field as well as the 'Receipt Amount' field in the top section. Once complete, click the 'Process' button.
3. When the 'Process' button is selected, the Sage Exchange Desktop application will activate and will reference that it is a Credit (Refund) at the top of the window. From this screen, enter the card number, expiration date, and CVV code. Then click the 'Next' button.
4. The next window will display the 'Billing Information' and all fields MUST be populated when complete, click the 'Submit' button.
5. The next window to appear will be the receipt that shows the refund information. Click the 'OK' button to close the window and you can print the receipt if needed.